(GNB) Grow Neighborhood Businesses
Grow Your Revenue 25% over the next two years
The Entrepreneur Fund is offering Be Strategic: Grow Your Business to specific Duluth neighborhoods. This program is targeted toward established business owners who are seeking to build business performance and revenue growth over the next two years.
- Business has been in operation for at least two years
- A total commitment to the program: attendance required at 8-sessions held over six months, and quarterly meetings thereafter
- A commitment to complete the relevant coursework and a desire for business growth by at least 25% over the next two years
- Business must be located in one of these Duluth neighborhoods: Lincoln Park, West Duluth, Morgan Park, Central Hillside, East Hillside
- Business cannot be home-based
- Confidentiality is required
- This series is offered at no cost to you
- GNB is sponsored by the Entrepreneur Fund and funded by the Duluth at Work Initiative, the City of Duluth, and Duluth LISC
- The business strategy group will consist of 8-12 entrepreneurs from non-competing industries
- There will be eight 3-hour evening sessions. The 8-session series will start in October 2012 and conclude in April 2013. The first 4 sessions occur bi-weekly. The last 4 sessions occur monthly. Participants will meet quarterly, as a group, through 2014.
- The sessions will be led by a professional business facilitator, Kathy Keeley, who will manage group dynamics, lead topics and structure sessions.
- Each session starts with a catered meal and is designed for busy entrepreneurs to maximize their time and experience. Sessions are structured to do much of the work as a group, and includes 30–60 minutes on skills/topics, guest experts, as well as peer-to-peer learning through professional facilitation.
- Entrepreneurs will work one-on-one with an Entrepreneur Fund Business Developer, as needed, to assist in achieving goals and objectives
- Develop a strategic business plan
- Build your network through interaction with business peers
- Adopt a growth mindset to improve performance
- Overcome issues and challenges facing entrepreneurs
- Improve skills in marketing, sales, finance, and management
Programs begin fall of 2012. Space is limited.
To learn more contact Michael Lattery or call (218) 623-5734.