Assess Yourself – This series of questions will help you determine if you are ready, willing and able to embark in entrepreneurship at this time in your life.
We all possess strengths and weaknesses. Successful business owners understand their strengths and leverage them. They also recognize their weakness and compensate by utilizing others who have those skills. Before starting your business, ask yourself these questions.
- Are you a self-starter or self-motivated?
- Are you comfortable taking risks?
- Can you solve problems and make tough decisions?
- Do you enjoy working alone and being independent?
- Are you persuasive and able to promote your business?
- Are you able to negotiate?
- Are you supported by others in this endeavor?
Characteristics of successful entrepreneurs include problem solving, flexible, persistent, optimistic realist, passionate, driven and doer. Entrepreneurship is fundamentally behavioral and can be learned. An individual’s attitudes, motivations and ability can impact growth as much as the business idea itself, the market or the economy.