The 2nd annual She Leads pitch event returns April 13, 2023. Women business owners or aspiring entrepreneurs in Central and Northern Minnesota are invited to participate. This unique event offers instant feedback, encouragement, and new perspectives to take your business (or business idea) to the next level.
“At She Leads, I had the best experience as a woman entrepreneur. I got to present what my business is and get feedback on where I am and how to get to where I want to be,” said Tricia Schleper, owner of Schleper Coaching and 2022 She Leads participant.” I am so thankful and encouraged and grateful for their time, expertise, and generosity!”
Although, She Leads is a non-competitive event with no investors or prize money on the line, there is significant value in presenting your business ideas, opportunities, or challenges to the panel of local experts.
Here are 5 reasons to pitch at She Leads this year:
- Receive thoughtful, immediate feedback from local women who are experts in legal, finance, marketing, entrepreneurship, business management and more. You will present to a panel of five experts who will have 15 minutes to share their feedback. Come with an open mind and heart to receive their honest and supportive assessment.
- Gain recognition and credibility in your industry. Building momentum behind your business can be a challenge. Sharing your expertise and passion with fellow women business owners can lead to new opportunities and connections.
- It can provide you with valuable insight into the current trends and market conditions.
- Connect with fellow small business owners. As part of this year’s event, those who register to pitch their idea will receive an invite to join a SOAR Success Circle through the Women’s Business Alliance. This special She Leads cohort will be made up of fellow women business owners who will help you find solutions, hold you accountable, overcome obstacles and grow yourself and your business in ways you could have never dreamed possible.
- It can give you the opportunity to practice your presentation skills and refine your pitch. At She Leads, you will have 6 minutes to pitch your idea. To get the most out of your time, we recommend briefly describing your business, present your idea and then ask the panel a specific question about your challenge or opportunity. Registered presenters will receive an email with tips from our team and past participants on how to make the most out of your presentation.
Space is limited for those who wish to pitch their ideas to the experts. Register today to reserve your spot. A waitlist is available.
“I had the unique opportunity to pitch an idea for my business to a panel of strong, smart, successful businesswomen and received invaluable feedback,” said Jessica Beaudry Richau, owner of Curated Closet and 2022 She Leads participant. “I didn’t stop smiling for hours.”
General admission is also available for those who would like to attend the event but not pitch. Register and find more details here.
She Leads is hosted by the Women’s Leadership Fund, the Initiative Foundation and the Women’s Business Alliance. The event is generously sponsored by Minnesota Business Finance Corporation (MBFC).