This fall, the Entrepreneur Fund added a new position to our team and welcomed Dean Zuleger as our Chief Operating Officer. He also serves as EFund’s integrator for the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS), of which he has 11 years of experience.
“I have been working mostly in for profit business over the last 15 years, but prior to that I was in government and nonprofits,” said Dean. “What brought me up here was I originally started my career right out of college out in Washington, DC as a member of the House Small Business Committee. I was a staff member. And a lot of the programs that you (EFund) employ, the microloans, the 7(a)’s, those types of programs, I was there when that legislation was crafted. So, it’s kind of come full circle for me to kind of finish up my life by finishing with a work product that I started.”
Raised in Appleton, Wisconsin, by a Marine Corp. family, Dean is the father of four and grandfather of six. He and his wife currently live in the Twin Cities but are looking to relocate to the Duluth area as soon as they find a house.
Get to know a bit more about Dean and his role at EFund in this short video below:
Dean quick hits:
- His first unpaid job was working on his uncle’s dairy farm.
- His first paid job was making pizzas at Baxter’s Beef and Pizza in Appleton, Wisconsin.
- He has a German Wirehaired Pointer named Kaiser that they are training to be a service dog.
- You will find him listening to grunge music in his office.
- He’s a “rabid” Packers fan. (His words.)
- He’s a voracious reader and is usually into 4-5 books at once.
- He’s looking forward to a Duluth winter to snowshoe with his wife and take his grandkids to Bentleyville Tour of Lights.