August 27, 2018
The Entrepreneur Fund is an economic development organization committed to growing the regional economy by boosting the abilities of the region’s business owners seeking growth. We actively partner with small business owners to grow their business. EF provides small business loans up to $750,000 and a variety of services to support entrepreneurs in meeting their goals. EF serves 17 counties of northeast Minnesota, central Minnesota, and northwest Wisconsin. Our vision is to have vibrant communities that are created and sustained by entrepreneurs.
The Entrepreneur Fund seeks a Commercial Loan Processor to provide timely, detailed, accurate loan file processing and loan documentation. This position ensures the efficient processing of regional business loan requests with the Entrepreneur Fund.This position supports the work of the Entrepreneur Fund lending team and involves direct contact with our service agencies, borrowers and Entrepreneur Fund staff.
Review, package, close and document commercial term loans in accordance with the Entrepreneur Fund loan policy and product policy.
- Review completed loan summary and loan package for accuracy:
- Business financial statements.
- Tax Returns.
- Business cash flow projections and assumptions.
- Collateral documents.
- Personal financial capacity and credit history. * Collaborate with Entrepreneur Fund loan officer and credit analyst to prepare final credit memo/loan package while ensuring compliance with the Entrepreneur Fund policy and product policy.
- Order appropriate documentation with service providers including appraisal & environmental reports.
- Verify collateral pledged and prepare due diligence items pertaining to collateral securitization including UCC searches, title and insurance companies.
- Prepare loan-servicing file in company software.
- Prepare loan closing documentation per organizational policy and product policies.
- Verification that loan contingencies and loan authorization requirements are met.
- Schedule closings with all clients and service providers.
- Close loans in accordance with organizational policy.
- Input executed loan documents within company software and files.
- Client loan and business data input into the organization’s data management system.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance, and/or 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- MS Office Excel/Word/Outlook/Power Point.
- Excellent time management with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Great attention to detail and compliance.
- Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Proficiency in:
- Analysis of business loan requests.
- Analysis of profit & loss statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements.
- Understanding and interpreting business models and operations and business legal structures. * Possess the ability to:
- Be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
Ideal Candidate profile:
The right person will bring their talents and skills of being highly detailed and conscientious in their work. They will be completely willing to work in a collaborative team-oriented atmosphere. They will bring a keen understanding of the importance of policy compliance and consistency. This person will have a passion for serving small business owners.
Job Type: Full-time
- Loan Processing: 2 years (Required)
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
About The Entrepreneur Fund
The Entrepreneur Fund is the resource for entrepreneurs in northeast Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin. The Entrepreneur Fund has fueled more than 14,000 businesses with expert support and funded over $41 million in loans since 1989. The Entrepreneur Fund is dedicated to strengthening entrepreneurship in the region, while also supporting and increasing economic development. Through this strategic approach, the Entrepreneur Fund promotes the entrepreneurial spirit and helps create economic wealth and diversity in northeast Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin. For more information, visit www.EntrepreneurFund.org.