Reports to: Development Manager
FLSA Status: Full time
Location: Duluth, MN
The Entrepreneur Fund is an economic development organization committed to growing the regional economy by boosting the abilities of the region’s business owners seeking growth. We provide business loans up to $750,000 and strategic services to entrepreneurs in northeast Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin. Our vision is a robust regional economy where entrepreneurs create thriving companies and vibrant communities.
The Operations Coordinator position is critical to the overall success of the organization. As the first point of contact for the Entrepreneur Fund, this person provides stellar customer service, the ability to problem solve and the capacity to direct questions and clients to the appropriate staff members. Someone in this role should be quick on their feet and able to juggle multiple, essential functions of the entire organization.
This role is highly cross functional, touching operations, development, sales, finance, and project management. You will work as part of the Development Team in delivering an outstanding level of support to the organization, which in turn will drive our fast paced, but extremely positive culture. As a cornerstone of EF you will be a go-to for all the requests from our broader team, as well as a welcoming ambassador to clients and employees alike. This role will represent EF in a professional manner, both internally and externally. This individual will help the organization navigate its way through initiatives and challenges with optimism.
Flexibility, curiosity, and multi-tasking are key given the ever-evolving nature and complexity of our work. The ideal person for this role will thrive at maintaining systems and executing at a high level, while also striving to improve systems and workflows to better serve clients and the organization.
Required Core Talents & Mindset:
- Attention to detail – a love for quality and precision.
- Strong project management – able to break-down projects into tasks and execute.
- Strategic thinking and problem solving – ability to evaluate systems and work with the team to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strong communication skills – excellent writing skills and communication with diverse teams
- Customer service – ability to anticipate, understand, and meet the diverse needs of clients, staff, and board members to exceed expectations of service.
- Flexibility – ability to handle unforeseen events/requests w/ ease.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- 3-5 years of experience in administrative support, project management, event planning, or similar experience.
- Learning and proficiency of CRM and/or project management tools such as Salesforce, Airtable, etc.
- Strong experience and comfort in navigating computer and software systems.
- Learning and proficiency of website and marketing tools including Eventbrite, WordPress, Hubspot, MailChimp, Salesforce, and others
- Strong grammar, editing, and proofing skills
Measures of Success:
- An exceptional client experience & great support to bring in new clients.
- Project management logistics executed quickly and accurately to support organizational goals.
Administrative & Operational Support (40%)
Ensure the office is running smoothly and efficiently.
- Act as main contact with building management and IT provider to address issues in a timely manner
- Provide administrative support for CEO and leadership team: managing calendars, setting meetings, report preparation, etc.
- Coordinate logistics for all team, board and conference room needs: room schedules, set-up, food orders, technology and presentation set-up
- Maintain the professional appearance of the Duluth office and the EOS consulting space (2nd floor)
- Coordinate and manage special projects, as requested. This includes annual board retreats, regional events, and one-time marketing events
- Schedule staff meetings, reserving venue and ordering food as requested
- Schedule travel arrangements for staff for select trainings and conferences
- Apply postage to postage meter, report monthly usage to postal company
- Sort and distribute mail; prepare large mailings or packages and get them mailed
- Inventory and order office and kitchen supplies; receive them, organize and maintain storage areas, stock copier and other areas as needed
- Assure procurement policies and procedures are met
- Coordinate the signing of legal documents, timesheets, and expense reports
Customer Experience Support (30%)
Directly and indirectly foster a positive client experience from intake through service delivery.
- Greet and host clients and visitors in the Duluth office.
- Answer main phone lines and organizational email. Ensure all clients are handed off appropriate and the loop is closed (whether internal or external referrals are made).
- Data entry and data management of customer information forms, training participants, and other client data daily to ensure up-to-date information.
- Provide support and coordination in capturing annual client impact surveys or other data used for grant reporting, fundraising, or evaluation.
- Support sales and program staff in meeting department goals & service delivery:
- Provide all necessary communication, event, and logistical support for staff and clients to execute high quality services and programming.
- Coordinate the successful implementation of all training, events, and workshop logistics for annual programming calendar and EOS sales calendar across the region.
Project Coordination (20%) –
Support cross-functional projects.
- Provide logistical support to our marketing firm in executing campaigns, content calendar, and creating marketing collateral
- Procure and maintain accurate and up-to-date e-mail lists for specific target audiences.
- Coordinate and execute digital marketing communications for select programs, workflows, or newsletters.
- Capture and archive media outlets for articles about organization, customers, staff, or related materials
Data and IT Systems
- Work with department leads to ensure proper maintenance and implementation of IT systems, software programs, etc. Includes data entry, data cleaning, reporting, etc.
Board Liason (10%)
- Lead and coordinate logistics for board meetings and annual retreat.
- Take board meeting minutes.
- Update and maintain board documents critical to strong governance including board addresses, CDFI Compliance info, term documents, committee documents, board resolutions, etc.
- Be the lead organizational contact and resource for board members to enable board members to support their governance role and meet organizational needs.
Our Core Values:
Get things done
- Be organized & efficient
- Work hard – persist & maintain your focus.
- Stay focused
- Ask for help before the end.
- Commit to the committed – customers, staff, communities, and partners.
- Commitment is demonstrated, not perceived.
- Give everyone a chance to show it.
- Believe what they show you
- Do your part.
- Expect lasting results from relationships.
- Have the hard conversations.
- Take great satisfaction in meeting team goals.
- Strive for team excellence – suggest improvements, learn from failures.
- Organizational strength is fortified through each member’s performance.
- Keep your communication open, genuine, and honest.
- No blame or disrespect.
- Celebrate our wins and give specific praise.
Commit to the Greater Good
- Impact is our motivator: entrepreneurs & community.
- Do what is better for the whole
- Shine a light on real progress.
- Be of service to change-makers & doers.
- Walk away from the toxic.
About The Entrepreneur Fund
The Entrepreneur Fund is the resource for entrepreneurs in northeast Minnesota, central Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin. The Entrepreneur Fund has fueled more than 14,000 businesses with expert support and funded over $48 million in loans since 1989. The Entrepreneur Fund is dedicated to strengthening entrepreneurship in the region, while also supporting and increasing economic development. Through this strategic approach, the Entrepreneur Fund promotes the entrepreneurial spirit and helps create economic wealth and diversity in northeast Minnesota, central Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin. For more information, visit EntrepreneurFund.org.