FOR REFERRAL PARTNERS
We can’t do this work alone
The Entrepreneur Fund is dedicated to growing small businesses across our region that help build vibrant communities and create a diverse regional economy. We depend on strong referral partnerships across our region to connect with entrepreneurs and to refer to others when appropriate.
This could look like a banker referring a client to us who they are unable to provide a small business loan to or possibly a local EDA connecting us to a group of business owners looking for strategic business planning services for growth.
Our team will also work to connect clients to bankers when they are ready to graduate to mainstream financing or to a local SBDC for early-stage business planning.
Another key referral partner is our loyal client base. Our clients are key to connecting their fellow entrepreneurs to EFund services.
Growing “Bankable” Small Businesses
How we partner with banks and other small business lenders
- Our loans and financing are targeted to ensure regional businesses get access to opportunity and fill gaps that traditional lenders have trouble filling: start-ups, technology, and gap financing are just a few examples.
- We also work with those who may have credit issues, lower income, or lower wealth that would keep them out of traditional banks.
- If a project is feasible and viable – we work to find a way to get to “yes.” We invest in the entrepreneur.
- Partners, not competitors – Borrowers are required to pass several “no credit elsewhere” tests to ensure they in fact are not yet “bankable.”
- Future pipeline – The EFund team is committed to tracking where referrals come from and monitoring the progress of the business. When they’re ready, we send them back to you to continue their lending needs.
- Partners, not competitors- We can take a subordinate position on collateral to fill a funding gap on larger projects that are beyond the bank’s comfort level.